Making a Difference: Fatherhood in Ohio
Fathers play a vital part in children’s lives. No one argues with this research-based fact, but what’s happening in Ohio to welcome and help fathers take active, responsible roles? A LOT! We’re making progress in promoting father engagement in our schools, health care, child welfare systems and communities. Thanks to the work of The Ohio Commission on Fatherhood (OCF) and programs throughout the state, policies are changing and more fathers are accessing opportunities to become better parents, partners and providers.
While the parenting, education and health resources on Red Treehouse can be used by anyone caring for a family, check out some of these Dad-focused tips and tools!
- Daddy’s Tool Bag – Fun and practical baby-care basics video series to build new dads' confidence.
- Dads Matter – Free text message tips from Text4baby for expecting fathers and fathers with babies under the age of 1.
- Fatherhood Resources – OCF’s resource page for dads: brochures, facts and links, including funded programs supporting fathers in counties throughout Ohio.
- Finding Your Way: Guides for Fathers in Child Protection Cases – A guide to help dads who do not live with their child to understand rights, responsibilities and how to ensure their child is safe.
- Keys to a Great Father-Child Relationship – Evidence based suggestions for enhancing your relationship with your child.
- National Center for Fathering Resource Center – Practical and insightful articles on a wide variety of fathering topics and situations.
- National Responsible Fatherhood Clearinghouse – Tips and activities for dads to get involved with every aspect of your child’s life!
- New Beginnings for New Fathers – Programs throughout Ohio designed to help new and expectant fathers tackle the everyday challenges of being a father.
Looking for more fatherhood events and organizations in your area? Or have a child with special needs? Search our full database of resources.